The club was founded in 1989 as the Western New York Ferret
Association to promote interaction between ferret enthusiasts in the
greater Rochester metropolitan area. By 1990 the club had expanded
south and became the Western New York and Finger Lakes Ferret
Through meetings, shows, newsletter, hotlines, etc., the club provides
information on the care and maintenance of ferrets. The club uses its
resources to help dispel myths about ferrets.
The club encourages routine veterinary care and vaccinations. The
WNYFLFA Rescue and Adoption Shelter takes in ferrets for placement in
Through participation in petitions, questionnaires and letter writing
campaigns, the club works to defend the character of the domestic
- Meetings with demonstrations, special interest presentations and
- Parties, picnics, and other gatherings
- Community events and presentations
- Membership packet
- Club membership card
- Club information booklet
- Ferret information packets
- Back issue of Ferret Chatter
- Discounts on merchandise and club activities
- Subscription to Ferret Chatter the official newsletter of
WNYFLFA, which includes informative articles as well as information on
ferret events throughout the eastern United States.
- Discounts at selected pet stores and veterinary clinics.
- Business membership includes subscription to Ferret Chatter
and one annual advertisement.
NYS residents please add 8% sales tax.
- Individual/Family: $25.00
- Business: $20.00
(Includes one 1/4-page advertisement each year in Ferret Chatter.)
For information about adopting a ferret from the WNYFLFA shelter, surrendering a ferret, or helping the shelter in any way, email Sandy DeBout, the Shelter Director, at <Sandy.DeBout@usa.xerox.com>.
For more information about the club itself, email WNYFLFA at <email@example.com>.
Page accesses since March 5, 1998: more than
To learn all about ferrets, why not check out Ferret Central?
Page maintained by Pamela Greene
Last modified 8 Sept 1999